Mid-Width ShrockWorks Jeep JK Winch Bumper / Front Bumper
The new Shrockworks Mid-Width Front Bumper for the Jeep JK is a slightly larger
version of the "Stubby". If you are looking for something a bit wider and
would like to retain the factory fog lights, this bumper is for you!
The new mid-width is still compact enough to stay out of the way offroad and
allow great approach angles while providing a little extra width and mounting
locations for the factory fog lights. Despite the larger size, this new bumper blends in nicely with the smooth lines of the new JK Wrangler. It looks TOUGH without
looking like an aftermarket afterthought.
- The main body of the bumper is constructed of high strength 3/16" plate steel, laser cut, CNC formed and meticulously welded and finished by skilled
craftsman in the USA!.
Compare our standard features to the competition!
- A removable 3/16" steel SKID PLATE that wraps underneath is included!
This skid plate wraps far enough under that it will also protect the sway bar
disconnect motor found on all JK Rubicon's and some other 2007 + Jeep JK 's.
Since the skid plate is removable, it can be easily replaced if damaged, although it's not likely to happen. The skid is formed specifically for strength. The edges
are bent up on the sides. It has welded gussets on the back side, and it's made
from the same high-tensile 3/16" steel plate as the bumper itself. This
is probably the most damage-prone area on a Jeep. Many bumpers have a flimsy
flat piece of flat plate in this area. One good hit there, and the whole bumper
is bent & toast. Others charge you extra for a skid plate. We consider it
a necessity and include it as a standard feature.
- Massive 1" thick plate steel Shackle / Recovery points are included
as a standard feature. These tabs are are welded front & back, and they are designed
in such a way that even if the welds were to fail, the recovery points themselves
are still held in the bumper (see CAD pic on right).
- Winch mount plate included. There is nothing else needed to mount a winch.
Just bolt it on and go! Accommodates most winches up to 9500 lbs, including
hard to fit winches like the new Warn Powerplant HP winch.
- Lighting options. Built-in light tabs on top of the bumper for aftermarket driving or fog lights. Recessed light mounts in the front face of the bumper accept the factory fog light or PIAA 510 4" lights, either the driving or fog version. If you already have the stock lights, select none in the options. If you don't have the stock fog lights, we recommend buying the PIAA lights. They are much higher quality than the stock fog lights and cheaper too.
- Available with your choice of no top tubing or a low profile winch height
hoop (as seen in the pics here).
- Finish options are: bare steel, semi-gloss black powder coat, and a semi-matt
finish textured black powder coat. The pics here are of the Textured Black.
Winch compatability: All of the winches listed on our www site will fit. MOST
winches b/t 8000 & 9500 will fit. Known exceptions: Warn 8275, Warn Zeon, Superwinch
EP & EPi, any worm gear style winch (these are typically industrial winches
such as the ramsey RE 12000 and look very different from normal winches). The Tmax short-drum comp winch and the Warn 9.0RC will require re-drilling some holes. The Ramsey short-drum comp winch will bolt up w/o any mods.
- 3/16" plate steel bumper & skid plate
- 1" thick steel recovery points.
- 2.5" x .120" high strength tubing
- Weight: 96 lbs including skid plate
- All new hardware included
- Bolt on, no drilling or cutting
- Proudly made in the USA!
Fits the new 2007+ Jeep JK Wrangler, 4 door Unlimited & 2 door. Rubicon,
Sahara and X models.
- All ShrockWorks bumpers are made to order to your specifications.
Read the Expert Review & Install Article at:
Individually handmade to order
by skilled craftsman in Houston, TX,