1996-2002 4Runner Front Bumper, 3rd Generation
Scroll down for options and pricing.
Add to cart and enter zip code for a shipping quote.
We are now making these bumpers to accept Baja Designs Squadron lights instead of the 4" PIAA lights. While most of the pictures show PIAA lights in the bumper, the new design will look like the fourth, fifth and sixth picture down on the right. The lights can be purchased with a bumper in the options below or separately in our Lights section.
If you like to play hard in your Toyota 4Runner off-road, it's time for some
serious protection. The low hanging flimsy factory bumper is easy prey for the
rocks and ruts on the trails. The ShrockWorks winch bumper is just the ticket
to even the odds and allow you to charge ahead with confidence in your 4runner.
This bumper was designed from the ground up specifically for the 1996-2002 4Runner.
Many companies take the same basic bumper design and fit it to every vehicle but not here. The lines of the bumper flow very naturally with the 4Runner while
still maintaining an aggressive appearance. Like all ShrockWorks bumpers, it was designed in 3D CAD and CNC cut and formed for a perfect fit, every time.
It's also strong; really strong. No thin gauge 1/8" sheet metal here.
This bumper is made from 3/16", 1/4" and 3/8" thick plate steel.
The critical mounting brackets have been engineered for maximum strength under
heavy winching loads and utilize five mounting points per side.
Recovery points are made from 3/8" thick steel and are welded on the front
and rear side of the bumper.
Despite the strength and stout materials of this bumper, painstaking design work has kept the weight down to a very reasonable 92# with the center hoop & headlight guards.
Don't waste time with a wimpy brush guard or grill guard. They often cause more
damage than they prevent after a hard hit. They are affectionately know as
"Damage Multipliers". You can have a great looking full replacement
bumper that offers REAL protection and a winch mounting location too.
Includes a mounting location for a license plate. If no winch is installed,
a license plate will cover the winch mounting bolts and the fairlead opening
keeping a clean appearance.
We feel fully confident in saying that this is the best and strongest bumper
on the market for your 4Runner!
- 3/16", 1/4" & 3/8" plate steel construction
- Accepts most non-integrated solenoid winches 8000 - 9500 lbs.
- New DOT approved turn signals included
- Holes for mounting driving lights on top of bumper
- Mounts for Baja Designs Squadron lights in the bumper
- Two recovery points designed for 3/4” shackles
- Weight: 102# with center hoop & headlight guards, including brackets
- Width. The std 68" version of the bumper is designed to work with no fender flares or the smaller SR5 style flares. A wider version is available for the wider flares used on the Limited models and some sport models. The "Limited" version of the bumper is 72" wide, 2" wider on each side than the standard version; 4" wider overall.
- Black powder coat or bare steel. Other colors available but we do not color match.
- Several top tubing options available.
- Body lift brackets. The standard brackets work with no body lift installed. If you have a suspension lift (via coils or spacers) or no lift at all, choose "None" in the body lift option. If you have a 1" or 2" body lift installed on your 4Runner, select "1" or 2" Body Lift Brackets."
- Lights for both inside the bumper and on top.
- Two black recovery shackles.
Requires some minor grinding on the end of the frame rail to install the bumper.
Welding on a supplied new frame rail end cap rail is recommended for maximum
strength when winching. This is a common modification for installing any aftermarket
winch bumper on this generation of 4Runner as Toyota didn't give a lot to work
with on the stock frame setup for mounting a winch bumper.
Individually handmade to order
by skilled craftsman in Houston, TX,
|Lights in Bumper